Turkey Taco Lettuce Boats
A fun Mexican-inspired meal with a fresh lettuce twist, these turkey taco lettuce boats are nothing but delicious!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 24 minutes
By: The I Love my Instant Pot Anti-Inflammatory Diet Recipe Book by Maryea Flaherty
1 tablespoon avocado oil
1 medium onion peeled and diced
2 large carrots peeled and diced
2 medium stalks celery ends removed and diced
2 cloves garlic minced
1 pound lean ground turkey
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup chipotle salsa
12 large romaine leaves
1 medium avocado peeled, pitted, and sliced
- Press the Sauté button and add the oil. Allow the oil to heat 1 minute and then add the onion, carrots, celery, and garlic. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the turkey and cook until browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add the chili powder, paprika, cumin, salt, pepper, and salsa and stir to combine. Press the Cancel button. Secure the lid.
- Press the Manual or Pressure Cook button and adjust the time to 15 minutes.
- When the timer beeps, quick-release pressure until float valve drops and then unlock lid.
- To serve, spoon a portion of the taco meat into a romaine lettuce leaf and then top with sliced avocado.