Sweet Potato And Ground Turkey Chili
Perfect for weeknight meals, this one-pot chili is packed with fantastic flavor and heartiness from the ground turkey, vegetables, and sweet potato!
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2-lbs ground turkey
3 medium sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
1 medium red or white onion diced
3 garlic cloves minced
4 celery stalks chopped
3 carrots peeled and chopped
1 red bell pepper seeded and chopped
14.5-ounce diced tomatoes, 1 can
3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt optional
fresh cilantro chopped, for garnish (optional)
- Select Sauté and add the olive oil to the inner pot. Once the oil is hot, add the ground turkey. Cook for 2 minutes, using a wooden spoon to break up the meat and keep it from sticking to the pot.
- Press Cancel and add the sweet potatoes, onion, garlic, celery, carrots, bell pepper, tomatoes, and chicken broth to the pot.
- Lock the lid into place. Select Pressure Cook or Manual; set the pressure to High and the time to 10 minutes. Make sure t
- The steam release knob is in the sealed position. After cooking, naturally release the pressure for 10 minutes, then quick release any remaining pressure.
- Unlock and remove the lid. Stir in the cumin, chili powder, and salt (if using).
- Serve immediately garnished with fresh cilantro or place the chili in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 2 months.
Advance Prep Time: Chop all the vegetables and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week before cooking. Meal Prep Time: You can serve this chili with cooked brown rice (THE HEALTHY MEAL PREP INSTANT POT® COOKBOOK page 22) or basmati rice. It also goes well with a few slices of fresh avocado per serving.
PER SERVING Calories: 230; Fat: 6g; Carbohydrates: 16g; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 29g; Sodium: 138mg
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
By: The Healthy Meal Prep Instant Pot Cookbook by Carrie Forrest