Shepherd’s Pie with Cheesy Potato Topping
By: Instant Pot Culinary Team
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
2 tablespoon butter
1/2 pound sliced mushrooms
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 onion diced
1 celery diced
1 carrot diced
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
2 cloves garlic minced
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1-1/2 lb ground beef
1-1/2 cups sodium-reduced beef broth
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
4 cups frozen shredded hash browns
1 cup shredded aged Cheddar cheese
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- Add butter to inner pot of Instant Pot Duo Crisp + Air Fryer. With lid off, Select Saute, then set to High Temperature. Stir in mushrooms, and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until mushrooms start to brown. Stir in onion, celery, carrot, rosemary, garlic, and remaining salt and pepper; cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until softened. Stir in ground beef; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until starting to brown. Stir in tomato paste; cook for 1 minute. Press Cancel.
- Stir in broth, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Place lid on pot and lock in place to seal. Select Pressure Cook/Manual Setting on High Pressure for 4 minutes.
- When pressure cooking is complete, Quick Release the pressure. Once pressure is released, remove the lid.
- With lid off, select Saute setting and set to High Temperature. Whisk flour with 2 tbsp water until smooth; whisk into beef mixture. Bring to boil; cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until thickened.
- Sprinkle hash browns, Cheddar and Parmesan cheese over top.
- Using the Air Fryer Lid select Roast at 400°F for 25 to 35 minutes or until topping is golden brown and bubbling. Sprinkle with parsley.