If you’re a fan of mushrooms, silky noodles, and creamy cheese sauce — this pasta dish might be your new favorite weekly go-to dinner!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Passive Time: 15 minutes
By: Urvashi Pitre
2 tablespoons butter
3 garlic cloves minced
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 cup chopped onion
8 ounces cremini mushrooms trimmed and sliced
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1-3/4 cups water
8 ounces fettuccine broken in half
8 ounces Mascarpone cheese
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves for garnish (optional)
- Select Saute'/Normal on the Instant Pot. When the pot is hot, add the butter. Once the butter is melted, add the garlic, thyme, and red pepper flakes and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add the onion, mushrooms, salt, pepper, and water; stir to combine. Add the fettuccine, pushing it down into the liquid. Add the mascarpone on top of the pasta; do not stir.
- Secure the lid on the pot. Close the pressure-release valve. Select Manual/Pressure Cook and set the pot at High pressure for 5 minutes. At the end of the cooking time, allow the pot to sit undisturbed for 5 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure.
- Open the lid and stir. Stir in the Parmesan cheese.
- Divide the pasta among four dishes, garnish with the thyme, if desired, and serve.