Lemon and Herb Chicken
Preparing a full rotisserie style chicken dinner during the week is a real feat… but having it ready in 25 minutes? Oh yes, just put this recipe to the test!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
By: Kellyann Petrucci
4 pound whole chicken giblets removed and chicken rinsed
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter or ghee, melted
1 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt or Celtic salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
1 cup chicken bone broth
1/2 lemon cut in slices
1/2 yellow onion quartered
2 cloves garlic
Several sprigs herbs fresh thyme, fresh rosemary, Italian parsley, and fresh sage
- Rub the chicken breast with the olive oil and butter/ghee and season the entire chicken with salt and pepper.
- Preheat your Instant Pot by using the Saute' setting, and place the chicken in the cooker breast side down.
- Brown the chicken for about 2 minutes or until the breast is golden brown, but not burned. Remove the chicken from the cooker place on a plate.
- De-glaze the pan with the chicken bone broth.
- Put the lemons, onions, garlic, and fresh herbs into the cavity of the chicken and return to the Instant Pot.
- Place the trivet inside the Instant Pot and place the chicken on the trivet; it makes removing the chicken from the pot easier. (this is optional but will make things easier)
- Using the Manual setting, adjust the instant pot to High pressure and adjust cooking time to 20 minutes.
- When time is up, allow pressure to naturally release and test the chicken for doneness. A thermometer inserted into the thigh should register at least 170 degrees Fahrenheit
- If necessary, bring the cooker back to high pressure and cook for another 5 to 10 minutes. Quick release and recheck the temperature.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate or carving board, tent with foil and allow to rest. If desired, strain and de-grease the broth using a fat separator.
- Carve the chicken and pour part of the broth on the carved meat and serve the rest on the side. Serve and enjoy!