Italian Greens and Eggs
This recipe is not only super quick and healthy, but adding a few more eggs gives you breakfast the next day! Now that’s efficient meal planning!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Passive Time: 10 minutes
By: Urvashi Pitre
1 cup thinly sliced onion
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup water
1 package frozen chopped kale broken into 3 or 4 blocks, 16-ounce
1 red bell pepper stemmed, seeded, and sliced
4 large eggs
4 ounces grated parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
cooked rice or bread for serving
- In the Instant Pot, combine the onion, salt, pepper, and water. Stir to combine.
- Place the kale on top of the onion. Scatter the bell pepper on top of the kale. Do not stir. Place a trivet on top of the vegetables. Place the eggs (still in their shells) on top of the trivet.
- Secure the lid on the pot. Close the pressure-release valve. Select Manual/Pressure Cook and set the pot at High pressure for 5 minutes. At the end of the cooking time, allow the pot to sit undisturbed for 5 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure.
- Meanwhile, fill a large bowl with ice cubes and water. Remove the eggs and place in the ice bath. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and nutmeg to the hot vegetables and stir until well blended.
- Peel and slice the hard-cooked eggs and gently mix them into the vegetables. Serve with rice or bread.