Honey-Mustard Salmon with Rice And Vegetables
This fantastic recipe is a perfect healthy weekday meal, but the best part? It all comes together in less than 30 minutes!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Passive Time: 10 minutes
By: Urvashi Pitre
1 cup long-grain basmati rice rinsed and drained
1 cup diced onion
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1-1/4 cups water
1-1/2 cups frozen peas and carrots
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon honey
2 garlic cloves minced
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 pound frozen skinless salmon fillets
- In the Instant Pot, combine the rice, onion, oil, salt, and water. Scatter the peas and carrots on the top. Do not stir.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, soy sauce, honey, garlic, and salt. Place the fillets in a 6" x 3" or 7" x 2" round heatproof pan. Pour the sauce over the fillets.
- Place a trivet in the pot. Set the pan on the trivet.
- Secure the lid on the pot. Close the pressure-release valve. Select Manual/Pressure Cook and set the pot at High pressure for 4 minutes. At the end of the cooking time, allow the pot to sit undisturbed for 10 minutes, then release any remaining pressure.
- Open the lid and remove the pan. Using a fork or whisk, blend the sauce until smooth. Stir the rice mixture, divide among the four plates, and place the salmon on top.
- Drizzle the salmon and rice with the sauce and serve
PER SERVING: Calories: 410 | Total Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 1,100mg | Carbohydrates: 49g | Fiber: 4g | Sugars: 6g | Protein: 28g