Classic Pot Roast
We figured it out! If you cut your roast into three pieces, you'll get all the juicy flavors, without the 4-hour cooktime. Looks like this classic just became an easy weekday meal!
Cook Time: 30 - 45 minutes
Diet: Dairy Free, Nut Free
Cooking Techniqure: Pressure Cook
By: Urvashi Pitre
3 pounds chuck roast trimmed and cut into thirds
1 cup diced onions
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1-1/2 cups low-sodium beef broth
2 cups chopped carrots
2 cups pearl onions or 1 white onion coarsely chopped
1-1/2 cups chopped long white potatoes
2 stalks of celery cut into large pieces
1 cup quartered mushrooms
- Place the roast in the Instant Pot.
- In a blender, combine the diced onions, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper, and broth. Blend until smooth. Pour the sauce over the roast.
- Secure the lid on the pot. Close the pressure-release valve. Select Manual and set the pot at High Pressure for 15 minutes. At the end of the cooking time, use a quick release to depressurize.
- Open the lid, and stir in the carrots, pearl onions, potatoes, celery, and mushrooms. Secure the lid on the pot. Close the pressure-release valve. Select Manual and set the pot at High Pressure for 4 minutes. At the end of the cooking time, allow the pot to sit undisturbed for 10 minutes, then release any remaining pressure.
- Carefully transfer the roast to a bowl and coarsely shred it, then transfer onto a serving platter. Arrange the vegetables around the meat.
- Serve the pot liquid as a sauce on the side.
NUTRITION FACTS PER SERVING: Calories 250 | Fat 5g | Saturated Fat 2g | Sodium 420mg |Protein 34g | Fiber 3g | Carbohydrate 15g | Sugar 5g