Chicken and Smoked Sausage Cassoulet
A rich, hearty, and decadent meal your whole family will love... especially mom!
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Diet: High Fiber
Serves: 6 – 8
Cooking Methods: Multicooker
By: Time, Inc
FOR THE CASSOULET
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
2 cups panko breadcrumbs
1/2 pound smoked sausage sliced
1 cup onion, chopped
1 small butternut squash peeled and cubed
1-3/4 cups broth from Pressure Cooker Rotisserie-Style Chicken
2 cups shredded Pressure Cooker Rotisserie-Style Chicken
2 cups cannellini beans
14.5 ounces can diced tomatoes with rosemary and oregano, undrained, 1 can
1/2 teaspoon table salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper freshly ground
FOR THE ROTISSERIE-STYLE CHICKEN
Whole frying chicken; 3-1/2 pounds to 3-3/4 pounds
1 tablespoon Greek seasoning
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
3/4 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
1 tablespoon olive oil
14.5 ounces chicken broth, 1 can
FOR THE CASSOULET
- If using the Rotisserie-Style Chicken recipe, cook the recipe prior to the Cassoulet.
- Remove the lid from a 6-quart Instant Pot. Place oil and butter in the inner pot, and press Sauté. When butter melts, add Panko, and cook, stirring frequently, 1 to 2 minutes or until crumbs are golden brown. Turn cooker off. Remove crumbs from inner pot.
- Wipe the pot clean with a paper towel. Coat pot with cooking spray. Press Sauté; add sausage, and cook, stirring frequently, 4 minutes or until browned. Remove sausage from pot.
- Add onion and squash. Cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes. Turn cooker off.
- Add broth, sausage, chicken, beans, tomatoes, salt and pepper, stirring to remove brown bits from the bottom of the skillet.
- Close and lock the lid. Turn steam release handle to “Sealing” position. Cook at High Pressure 5 minutes.
- Open cooker using Quick Pressure Release. Turn cooker off. Remove inner pot from cooker, and let stand 5 minutes. Spoon into shallow bowls, top evenly with crumbs, and serve immediately.
TO COOK THE CHICKEN
- Rinse chicken, and pat excess moisture with paper towels. Combine Greek seasoning and next 3 ingredients (through Italian seasoning) in a small bowl. Rub seasoning over entire chicken and inside body cavity.
- Remove the lid of a 6-quart Instant Pot. Press Sauté. When the word “Hot” appears, swirl in oil.
- Place chicken, breast side down, in pot. Cook 5 minutes to brown. Turn chicken over and cook 2 minutes. Pour chicken broth around chicken to avoid washing off the herb mixture.
- Close and lock the lid of the Instant Pot. Turn the steam release handle to “Sealing” position. Cook at High Pressure 25 minutes. Turn cooker off.
- Open cooker using Natural Pressure Release. Remove chicken from pot. Let stand 10 minutes before carving. If desired, you may remove skin and bones and chop chicken for another use.