Impress mom with an early Mother's Day gift by making this fabulous French Classic! What usually take hours can now be made in minutes making it a perfect weeknight dish!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 23 minutes
Course: Dessert / Breakfast
Cooking Methods: Pressure Cook
By: Time Inc.
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
1-1/2 pounds boneless chuck roast trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
2 bacon slices diced
1/2 cup dry red wine
10-1/2 ounces beef broth, 1 can
3 cups baby carrots
2 cups shiitake mushroom caps sliced
2 teaspoons thyme dried
6 shallots halved
4 garlic cloves thinly sliced
7 cups medium egg noodles hot cooked, about 5 cups uncooked pasta
Thyme leaves, optional
- Weigh or lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add beef; seal and shake to coat.
- Remove lid from the Instant Pot®. Press [Sauté], and use [Adjust] to select “More” mode. Place bacon in cooker, and cook, stirring constantly, 30 seconds.
- Add half of beef mixture to cooker; cook for 5 minutes, browning on all sides. Remove beef and bacon from cooker. Repeat procedure with remaining beef mixture.
- Turn cooker off. Return cooked beef and bacon to cooker. Stir in wine and broth, scraping inner pot to loosen browned bits (de-glazing). Add carrots, mushrooms, thyme, shallots and garlic.
- Close and lock the lid of the Instant Pot®. Turn the steam release handle to “Sealing” position. Press [Manual]; select “High Pressure,” and use [-] or [+] to choose 23 minutes pressure cooking time. When time is up, turn cooker off. Open the cooker using Quick Pressure Release.
- Serve beef mixture over noodles. Garnish with thyme leaves, if desired. Enjoy!