Amazing Potato Salad
Potato Salad is a real summer favorite-dish! Toss in some parmesan, bacon, and a few lightly chopped hard-boiled eggs, and you've got yourself a new modern take on a delicious classic!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Methods: Pressure cook
By: Chop Secrets
2 1/2 pounds red potatoes or gold, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 cup diced celery
2 scallions thinly sliced
2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley chopped
1 cup crispy crumbled bacon
1/2 cup parmesan grated
1 tablespoon pepper
Additional chopped parsley and scallions for garnish optional
- Pour 1 1/2 cups of water in the Instant Pot and insert the steam rack. Place cubed potatoes in a steamer basket and lower steamer basket onto the steam rack. Add eggs on top of the potatoes.
- Secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 5 minutes.
- When the time is up, quick-release the pressure.
- Remove eggs and place in an ice bath. Sprinkle 1 tbsp vinegar over the potatoes and allow to cool.
- Keep eggs in ice bath for 5 minutes, then peel and chop.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl whisk together mayonnaise and dijon. Mix in celery, scallions, and parsley.
- Fold in cooked potatoes, chopped eggs, crumbled bacon, parmesan and pepper. Season to taste.
- Serve chilled garnished with additional chopped parsley and scallions (optional).
The MANUAL and PRESSURE COOK buttons are interchangeable.