Korean Beef Bowl
The perfect blend of sweet, spicy, and savory — these Korean Beef Bowl are so good, you’ll want to make these on a weekly basis!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
By: The Healthy Meal Prep Instant Pot Cookbook by Carrie Forrest
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
2 pounds flank steak sliced into 1/2-inch thick strips
3 garlic cloves minced
1/2 cup low-sodium beef broth
1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 medium cucumber sliced
2 red bell peppers seeded and sliced
4 scallions white and light green parts only, sliced
- In a small bowl make a slurry by whisking together the cornstarch and water. Set aside.
- Select Sauté and add the olive oil to the inner pot. Once the oil is hot, add the steak and garlic and sauté for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally so the beef starts to brown on all sides.
- Press Cancel and add the broth. Using a wooden spoon, scrape up any browned bits stuck to the bottom of the pot. Add the soy sauce, vinegar, honey, Sriracha, and ginger; stir to combine.
- Lock the lid into place. Select Pressure Cook or Manual; set the pressure to High and the time to 10 minutes. Make sure the steam release knob is in the sealed position. After cooking, naturally release the pressure for 5 minutes, then quick release any remaining pressure.
- Unlock and remove the lid. Select Sauté. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the beef to a serving plate.
Per Servings: Calories: 355; Fat: 16g; Carbohydrates: 16g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 36g; Sodium: 714mg