Instant™ Pod™ Tiramisu
By: Instant Pot Culinary Team
Prep Time 25 minutes
Resting Time 3 hours (in refrigerator)
2 espresso pods
4 eggs (separated yolks and egg whites)
6 tablespoons of granulated sugar (2 tablespoons for Yolk, 4 tablespoons for egg white)
1 tablespoon gelatine
120 ml heavy cream
2 tablespoons water
16-18 lady fingers
475g mascarpone cheese room temperature
1 vanilla bean past or 1 tsp of vanilla extract
2 tablespoons spoon unsweetened cocoa for dusting
- Touch the power key.
- Open the top cover of the Instant Pod coffee maker.
- Insert the Nespresso pod.
- Close the top cover.
- Place your bowl beneath the brew spout on the drip tray plate.
- Select the 6oz option from the espresso section.
- When the water stops dripping, open the top cover of the Instant Pod coffee maker. (Repeat the procedure from step 3 to 7 then put it aside to cool it off. Alternatively, you can put the espresso into the refrigerator to chill)
Yellow Filling Directions
- In a mixer using the whipping attachment, whip yolks and sugar until thick and lemon-coloured.
- Add mascarpone and whip until well incorporated.
- Pour water into a small bowl, then pour powdered gelatin over it. Let the gelatin powder absorb all of the water (don't stir it). Then place the bowl on top of a small saucepan containing simmering water (creating a double boiler).
- Once the gelatin dissolves completely, pour into the mascarpone and yolk mixture, then fold well thoroughly.
White Filling Directions
- In a separate bowl, whip egg whites to a soft peak. Gradually add sugar until stiff and glossy peaks form.
- Whip the heavy cream with the vanilla bean paste or the vanilla extract in another bowl to a stiff peaks as well.
Combining the Fillings Directions
- Fold whites into mascarpone and yolk mixture, then fold in the whipped cream.
- Put the mixture in a squeezy bag and put it aside.
- Soak ladyfingers, one at a time, in the prepared and chilled espresso.
- Align soaked ladyfingers close together in rows until the bottom of the pan is completely covered.
- Squeeze half of the mascarpone cream filling over the ladyfingers.
- Repeat process with another layer of ladyfingers and layer of mascarpone cream filling cream over it. Use a rubber spatula to smooth and flatten the top evenly.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours. Dust with cocoa powder before serving.