Instant Pot Duo Crisp + Air Fryer - Party Cassoulet
This rustic French dish is usually prepared with confit duck legs but chicken thighs make an easy substitute. This is a hearty heart-warming dish on a chilly winter night.
Prep Time: 20 minutes + 8 hours soaking time
Cook Time: 70 minutes
Servings: 4 servings
1 cup dried white navy beans
4 bone-in chicken thighs
1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper divided
4 thick bacon slices chopped
1 onion diced
1 celery stalk diced
1 carrot chopped
1 leek chopped
3 garlic cloves chopped
1/2 teaspoon herbes de Provence
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1/2 cup dry white wine
2 thyme sprigs
2 bay leaves
1 pound pork stewing meat
8 ounces kielbasa sausage cut into large chunks
2 1/2 cups sodium-reduced chicken broth
1 cup packed French bread torn into 1/2 inch pieces
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- Soak beans in water overnight. Drain and rinse; set aside.
- Season chicken thighs with 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper; set aside.
- Add bacon to inner pot of Instant Pot Duo Crisp + Air Fryer. With lid off, select Saute, then set to High Temperature. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until fat begins to render and bacon is crispy. Transfer bacon to paper towel–lined plate.
- Place chicken thighs in pot, skin side down. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes per side or until starting to brown. Transfer chicken to plate.
- Stir in onion, celery, carrot, leek, garlic, herbes de Provence, and remaining salt and pepper. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables start to soften. Stir in tomato paste. Cook for 1 minute. Stir in wine, thyme sprigs and bay leaves; bring to boil.
- Press Cancel. Layer soaked beans, chicken, pork stewing meat, kielbasa and reserved bacon over top. Pour in broth.
- Place lid on pot and lock in place to seal. Pressure Cook on High Pressure for 30 minutes.
- When pressure cooking is complete, Naturally Release the pressure. Once pressure is released, remove the lid. Discard bay leaves.
- Stir together bread, Parmesan cheese and olive oil. Sprinkle over top of casserole. Using the Air Fryer Lid select Roast at 400°F for 3 to 5 minutes or until topping is golden brown and toasted. Sprinkle with chives.
Serve cassoulet with a fresh and simple salad of hearty greens.
Substitute 2 chicken legs for chicken thighs if desired.