Broccoli And Cheddar Crustless Quiche
The perfect meal for a gourmet weekend brunch or dinner, your family will especially love it’s presentation in a CorningWare Casserole Dish — safe for the Instant Pot!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
By: The Healthy Meal Prep Instant Pot Cookbook by Carrie Forrest
Nonstick cooking spray
1 cup water
1/2 cup low-fat milk
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup chopped broccoli florets
1-1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese divided
1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Spray an 8-inch ceramic soufflé dish with the cooking spray.
- Place the trivet in the inner pot, then pour in the water.
- If needed, make an aluminum sling.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, flour, broccoli, 1 cup of the cheese, and the salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into the soufflé dish. Use the sling to lower the soufflé dish onto the trivet.
- Lock the lid into place. Select Pressure Cook or Manual; set the pressure to High and the time to 30 minutes. Make sure the steam release knob is in the sealed position. After cooking, naturally release the pressure for 10 minutes, then quick release any remaining pressure.
- Unlock and remove the lid. Use the sling to remove the soufflé dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese on top of the quiche. Using a sharp knife, slice the quiche into 6 wedges. Serve immediately, or place the quiche in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
PREP TIP: This quiche reheats nicely in the microwave. Place it in a microwave-safe bowl with 1 teaspoon of water. Cover with plastic wrap and poke a few holes in the wrap. Heat on high for 1 minute. Serve hot.
PER SERVING: Calories: 223| Fat: 16g| Carbohydrates: 5g | Fiber: 1g |Protein: 16g | Sodium: 350mg